Streaming services closely monitor the streaming activities of all published releases. The following factors are considered and monitored:
– Number of streams the album received in the past week;
– Number of users who stream the album;
– Total number of streams / Total number of users who stream the track;
– Number of tracks on the album;
– Number of “short” tracks on the album ( < 60 seconds);
– Number of “short” streams on the album ( < 60 seconds);
– Territorial activity.
Releases that show a certain amount of abnormal activity can be flagged as “fraudulent”, which can result in removal from those platforms.